My name is Carly Lorntsen and I am currently in the Bachelor of Education program at the University of Northern British Columbia South-Central Campus. I graduated high school in 2014 and went straight to the College of New Caledonia in Quesnel British Columbia to complete a diploma in Criminology and an Associate of Arts Degree. Since I was a little girl, I always loved learning and going to school. I used to see my teachers in elementary school at their desk marking and getting ready to create report cards and I always thought how I would love to do that. As I got older, I began to love children as well and believed that becoming an educator may be the perfect career for me. My goal is to show children their true potential and giving them the faith and dedication that they need in acknowledging that they can do anything that they set their mind to. Throughout my education journey, I have had the pleasure to meet so many incredible educators from elementary and all the way to college and university. They taught me these skills as well as my amazing parents and I wish to pass this positive thinking on to the next generation in the classroom. I also have a passion for creative writing and wish to write and publish my own book one day. I am so excited for the future and what is to come!

A big smile from me after completing two credentials at the College of New Caledonia and moving on to University in the Bachelor of Education program – Elementary Stream
College of New Caledonia Graduation Photos
The two most important people in my life (my mom and dad) who have supported me through absolutely everything and I do not know where I would be today without them. This was at my graduation at the College of New Caledonia in 2020 where I received a diploma in Criminology.
My Biology professor that I met at the College of New Caledonia and I. I learned so much from her and am so grateful that I was given the opportunity to meet her and be in two of her Biology courses that I needed to complete in order to receive my Associate of Arts Degree. We still remain in touch today! I will forever view her as an inspirational mentor for me.
An amazing friend that I met while attending the College of New Caledonia and who I am so grateful to call one of my best friends today. Here, we graduated with our diplomas in Criminology in the year of 2020. We took so many classes over the years together since 2014 and grew so much academically.
Graduating with our Associate of Arts Degree in June of 2021.
2020 College of New Caledonia Virtual Graduation – Criminology Diploma
2021 College of New Caledonia Virtual Graduation – Associate of Arts Degree
My dad and I after my 2021 college graduation
My mom and I after my 2021 college graduation
My grandma and I after my 2021 college graduation
Me fishing on Dragon Lake in Quesnel, BC, for the first time in the summer of 2020 and caught my first couple of fish. This was a special moment for me as I was on my grandpa’s boat for the first time since he passed away in December of 2019 (he had suffered a very long and difficult battle with Dementia)
Family is so important to me and their support means everything to me. Here is a picture of my uncle Kelvin and I at one of my college graduation barbecues.
My cousin Tanya and I. She is an amazing cousin who supports me through everything and anything and I just love her so much!
Super happy to have graduated with a diploma in Criminology – April 2020
Feeling accomplished after graduating with an Associate of Arts Degree – April 2021
Always appreciate all the support the CNC community and staff have given me during my time at the College of New Caledonia in Quesnel and moving forward.
College of New Caledonia staff members cheering me on at my 2021 college graduation.
Officially saying goodbye to the College of New Caledonia and celebrating all my achievements and credentials in this photograph. Very grateful for all the amazing people I met at this institution including classmates that became forever friends, as well as faculty and instructors.
Beginning my college journey at only 17 years old, I had the opportunity to meet and have the same Psychology instructor until I left this institution at 24 years old. I learnt a tremendous amount of valuable knowledge from him, and I am proud to say that I was one of his students.
All smiles with this life-long learning journey of mine!