Education 346 Blog Post Prompt: Does spiritual teaching belong in our teaching?

Spiritual teaching indeed belongs in our teaching. In my opinion, I strongly believe that education will always be a vital tool in our lives. It deepens our knowledge of so many different concepts and opens our eyes and heart to brand new opportunities. Spiritual teaching can advance our educational practices by teaching us how to critically think, analyze, communicate, and find various connections with diverse concepts and how they relate to one another. It is important to learn about subjects such as numeracy and the process of memorization, but it is also essential to learn about why things happen and how they came to be. This can build discussion, communication, emotional intelligence, and wisdom. With this idea of spirituality in teaching, it made me think of the event that happened on Sunday, January 16, 2022. This date was my grandfathers seventy eighth birthday and I was reminiscing on his memory with my father. We were listening to the song ā€œI Wish Grandpas Never Diedā€ by the artist Riley Green and observed a coyote running down our driveway and it looked at my father in a way that it looked like it was smiling. I had decided to research about what the spiritual meaning of this could be and the internet had responded with it meaning that there is a presence in your life stating that you should not worry, and everything will be okay. Ironically, this was my grandfatherā€™s famous saying to my father and me at times. Therefore, this is a perfect example of why spirituality belongs in our teaching. Spirituality teaches us the importance of peace and helps us in times that we appear to be struggling through situations such as grief and I truly believe that it is a beautiful thing.